What is our purpose and where are we going?
CONNECT WITH US
First time guest at Coram Deo? Fill out our online Connect Card and we will donate $5 to a charity of your choosing.
Attend a Sunday Gathering
Sign up for Tabletalk
“But seek the welfare of the city where I have sent you into exile, and pray to the Lord on its behalf, for in its welfare you will find your welfare.”
– Jeremiah 29:7
A mission statement is simply expressing your purpose. It seeks to answer the questions, “Who are you? Why do you exist? What are your goals?” At Coram Deo, we want to surrender ourselves to what God is in doing in the world through the redemption accomplished in Jesus Christ.
At Coram Deo, we are a group of transformed disciples who lives before the face of God for the glory of Christ and the good of the city.
Our mission has five main components, which helps flesh out who we are and why we live in such a way:
- We are a group — God has always worked collectively through a people. While we are individuals, we are first and foremost a people called by grace.
- We are transformed — The work of the Gospel actually produces in us real and life-changing transformation. This is part of our identity—a transformed community.
- We live before God’s presence — There is not a single aspect of my life that God is not interested in using, shaping, and utilizing. As holistic beings, God is interested in forming me spiritually, emotionally, and physically, while at the same time using in me every dimension of my life.
- We live for Jesus’ glory — Because the Gospel’s work is gloriously hopeful and life-changing, we surrender everything to the glory and honor of Jesus.
- We live for the good of the city — Because of God’s extraordinary grace, we want to live in a such a way that leads to the flourishing of the city; out of the blessing we have received in Jesus, we want to bless others as well.
Vision is simply where you are headed. It seeks to answer the questions, “Where are you going? What are you about? What is your goal?” At Coram Deo, we want to fall in line with God is doing in the world—bringing about restoration and renewal to all things through the cosmic work of Jesus Christ. Therefore, our vision is: